CAE Parc Aviation are presently accepting applications for an Engineering Services Specialist for one of our high-tier clients based in Shannon, Co. Clare. Closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 17th February 2019.
Job:Engineering Services Specialist
Location: Shannon, Co. Clare
Contract term: Contract - 24 months
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Start Date: March 2019 time-frame
Reporting to: Engineering Manager – Modifications
Summary of role:
Define and cost reconfiguration requirements for transitioning aircraft based on jurisdictional requirements. Research and cost additional modifications to support customer required changes. Managing the delivery and embodiment of modifications for multiple aircraft. Acting as internal technical support for all engineering related issues.
Requires an understanding of the global regulatory framework and the impact of national import requirements on transitioning aircraft. Detailed knowledge of aircraft avionics, interiors, systems and livery changes. Entails preparation of presentation and planning information to support interaction with customers & suppliers, and frequent international travel.
Essential Responsibilities include:
- Support Engineering Manager – Modifications with the engineering aspects of aircraft transitions
- Assist airline customers on reconfiguration definition for transitioning aircraft
- Procure and assess proposals from aircraft design organisations
- Control modification costings and lead-times
- Manage delivery and embodiment of modifications to meet the on-time delivery of aircraft, while ensuring engineering integrity at all times
- Address all modification related queries from Client Project Managers
- Conduct ongoing supplier performance assessment and drive service levels
- Support development of optimal solutions in response to new regulations and technologies that impact Clients’ fleet.
Qualifications/Requirements Basic Qualifications:
- Aeronautical engineering degree or equivalent, or a recognised aircraft maintenance licence
- +1-year experience of aircraft reconfigurations, in particular avionics and interiors.
- Understanding of the aviation regulatory environments together with detailed knowledge of FAA & EASA certification requirements
- Demonstrate analytical and problem-solving skills with an ability to manage multiple complex programmes to strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal and negotiation skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Unrestricted work authorization in Ireland/EU
- Location: Shannon Ireland (no relocation expenses)
- Commercial aircraft / engine leasing experience
- Experience in an aircraft design organisation
- Proven ability to work to a very high standard with strong organisational skills and an ability to work to tight deadlines with quick turnaround times.
- Proven ability to work as part of a small, independent, pro-active team and handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, written and oral and strong diagnostic skills.
Please send CV and cover note by email to Mr James Power, Key Account Manager, Aircraft Leasing Services @ email@example.com.