CAE Parc Aviation are now assisting a key client with the recruitment for the Head of Training based in Oman.
Head of Training is a mandatory post-holder position responsible to the relevant NAA’s (e.g. EASA, FAA, CASA etc) for ensuring that all professional pilot training is conducted safely and in accordance with the regulations. In this case, the HOT would focus solely on EASA activities and report to the Accountable Manager.
- Primary approved post holder with relevant NAA as Head of Training.
- Supervision of Training Management Team, e.g. CTKI, CFI, MCC/JOC Manager.
- Management of the highest levels of flight safety, training quality and discipline.
- Oversight and application of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Oversight and application of Instructor Training & Standardization.
- Conduct of student Training Review Boards and final recommendation to the Accountable Manager.
- Management of training performance – instructors & students.
- Management of activities required to obtain and retain Approvals with the regulator (i.e. UKCAA)
- Management of Training Syllabi, Checklists, Study Guides & Manuals – creation and maintenance to exceed industry standards, and this in accordance with applicable regulations and current practices.
- Attendance at industry training meetings.
- Support of initiatives with customers.
- Regular travel to overseas locations in support of EASA Training Approval.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Minimum of 5 years job-related experience
- Must hold an FI and have ab initio experience
- Experience with start-ups is preferred
- Experience as a Manager in the aviation training industry that includes supervision of active pilot training.
- Experience providing customer service with a proven record of success.
- Demonstrated experience with Regulatory Authorities, knowledge of Part-FCL regulations.
- Should hold or have held in the 3 years prior to first appointment as HOT, a professional pilot license and associated ratings or certificates issued in accordance with Part-FCL, related to the flight training courses provided.