Trusted for over 40 years, CAE Parc Aviation is the global leader in the provision of aviation personnel and support services. We expertly match the skills and talent of aviation personnel worldwide with the specialized demands of a fast-growing aviation industry.
CAE Parc Aviation is currently accepting applications for an Operations Supervisor for one of our clients. The Operations Supervisor oversees, supervises, and coordinates the activities of Operations Analyst team. Serves as in-room Subject Matter Expert and escalation point-of-contact for all operational issues. Works with other SOC teams to ensure operational processes provide appropriate support. Provides shift coverage as needed.
- Actively supports the Operations Team’s Service Commitment:
- We serve as the Trusted Advisors on all operational issues.
- We are the first and last line of defense against preventable disruptions to our clients’ travel plans.
- We provide actionable choices on operational issues.
- Serve as SOC Subject Matter Expert for all performance, weather, and feasibility issues.
- Proactively identifies and addresses weaknesses in existing processes.
- Provide real-time practical, problem-solving/problem-avoidance guidance to team members.
- Work with the Operations team to improve existing product quality.
- Point person for the creation and implementation of SOC processes to improve efficiency and service.
- Coordinate all phases of the Operations Analyst team:
- Establish a culture of teamwork, superior customer service, and collaborative decision-making.
- Create and manage work schedules to ensure proper coverage of all shifts, including employee training and vacation.
- Manage payroll ensuring labor law compliance and prompt time card approval
- Seek opportunities to recognize exceptional individual and group performance. Build team confidence, and provide motivation.
- Ensure maximum employee performance of job requirements.
- Analyze and evaluate team performance in all Operations areas and implement constant improvement. Provide on the spot coaching and regularly scheduled employee one-on-ones.
- Motivate, mentor, lead, coach and develop Operations staff.
- Develop, organize, schedule and facilitate Initial and Recurrent Training, and ensure that learning is a continual part of the team’s development.
- Ensure that all Analysts engaged in the appropriate oversight of the company’s feasibility processes
- Work with other teams to improve existing, and create new, SOC processes to improve efficiency and product quality
- Draft and publish updates to all Operations-owned manuals
- Establish strong communication channels and be a willing, motivated and enthusiastic communicator with individuals and cross functional groups
- Maintain the company's culture across all SOC teams
- Support and assist Sr. Director, SOC as directed
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Proficient in all Operation Analyst functions.
- Ability to analyze complex situations, problem solve and clearly communicate appropriate solutions.
- Capable of working in a fast paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Self-motivated to identify missing or inadequate processes and produce or direct solutions in a timely manner.
- Capable of performing duties with minimal supervision/direction.
- Demonstrates the skills needed to effectively:
- Address repeated procedural errors
- Mediate day-of operational conflicts
- Demonstrates the ability to successfully time manage.
- Ability to create and maintain the documentation and structure required in a technical, operational training program.
- Represents and builds the company's culture.
- Excellent written and communication skills.
- Proficient with PC and Microsoft Office skills (including Word and Excel) and ability to learn new programs quickly.
- Department: Operations
- Location: MCC
- Reports to: Senior Director, SOC
- FLSA Classification: Non-exempt
Click on "Apply Now" and submit a copy of your resume; one of our Recruitment Consultants will contact you with additional information.