The Training Manager is responsible to the Accountable Manager for the training and periodic checking of company pilots in accordance with the Company's Training Manual, EASA Part FCL and the Companies Air Operator's Certificate.
Maintenance of records showing crew licence / check / medical / rating / currency status. Ensuring the maintenance of all records for all training, checks and tests carried out by company pilots, and to preserve each for at least three years
Ensuring that the Company maintains the highest achievable standards of flight safety and efficiency by supporting industry and regulatory initiatives, the prompt closure of audit non-conformances, and the adoption of safety management practices within the Company
- Liaison with the TM-CAD Flight Operations Inspectorate to ensure that all Company training is conducted in accordance with the relevant EASA regulations, applicable Regulations and Schedules, and within the terms of the Company's Air Operator's Certificate, and the maintenance of this Certificate and other required licenses and permits.
- In consultation with the Director Flight Operations (DFO), and Fleet Managers, the promulgation of operating techniques and in-flight procedures so as to ensure a safe and efficient operation at all times, monitoring the operating techniques and in-flight procedures by inspection and post-flight analysis so as to maintain a continuous assessment of the company's operations efficiency and to ensure a high standard of competency is maintained. Consulting, as necessary, if it appears that changes should be made to any of the Company's operating techniques and in-flight procedures.
- In consultation with the DFO, submitting recommendations to the Accountable Manager for the appointment of all Training Staff to ensure that adequately trained staff are available to carry out the required training programme.
- In conjunction with the DFO, the discipline and general supervision of Training Pilots.
- Timely consulting with the Director Ground Operations (DGO) on dates set for checking, testing and training, arranging suitable ground and flight training programmes both for initial and recurrent training and the authorization of all such training flights.
- Conducting checks on Company aircrew for which he is qualified and certifying the Pilots competency and training forms when carrying out training.
- Keeping the Accountable Manager, DFO and Fleet Manager informed of the failure of any pilot to pass any routine flying check and when additional flying or retraining may be considered necessary.
- The TM will certify the Operators conclusion certificate on behalf of the Company, based on the tests and procedures carried out and will confirm the completion and certification of all ground training prior to the candidates release to flight training.
- Keeping abreast of new training procedures and methods and for incorporating them into the Company system when relevant.
- Previous experience in a similar position, ideally at a postholder level or otherwise at least 5 years’ experience in a management capacity
- Valid ATPL with a current rating on B737 or Airbus family
- Hold or have held a TRI or TRE rating
- Proven experience in leading and managing a team
- Excellent communication skills